[imageframe lightbox=”no” style_type=”none” bordercolor=”” bordersize=”0px” borderradius=”0″ stylecolor=”” align=”center” link=”” linktarget=”_self” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ class=”” id=””] [/imageframe][separator style_type=”none” top_margin=”” bottom_margin=”” sep_color=”” icon=”” width=”” class=”” id=””][separator style_type=”none” top_margin=”” bottom_margin=”” sep_color=”” icon=”” width=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_text]
Structure and role of DiMSUR’s organs
Efficient cooperation of the different organs composing DiMSUR will ensure the success of the 10 Years Strategic Plan. Each organ has a fundamental role to play along the cycle of decision making, planning and implementation of activities, to monitoring and evaluation of results.
Organs composing DiMSUR are as follow:
- The Conference of Ministers, formed by Ministers of the member states with national responsibility for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA).
- The Executive Board composed of National Directors responsible for DRR and CCA from each member State, a representative from the SADC DRR Unit, a representative from UN-Habitat as main facilitator of the DiMSUR initiative, and representatives from civil society and academia.
- The Consultative Group consisting of representatives of relevant DRR, CCA and urban resilience stakeholders from member states and the southern Africa region as well as internationally recognized DRR, CCA and urban resilience experts and representatives of international organisations, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, NGOs and others.
- The Secretariat which consists of the Executive Director of the DiMSUR and one National Focal Point per member state. Regular assessment of DiMSUR’s activities is essential to achieve the strategic goals.
- Monitoring and Evaluation mechanisms will be undertaken on an annual basis. Each strategic priority refers to indicators to assess the actions carried out by DiMSUR based on annual plans approved by the Executive Board. The Secretariat will collect data on each indicator and present a yearly monitoring report to the Executive Board with a view to inform members about achievements and challenges faced during the implementation of the Strategic Plan. The evaluation of the Strategic Plan will take place twice: a first time after five years and a second time once the 10-year implementation period is finished. It will compare and measure the achievements with the goals of the Strategic Plan. This will give an opportunity for the Executive Board to review lessons learned and redefine strategic priorities to expand the impact of DiMSUR activities.
[/fusion_text][title size=”1″ content_align=”left” style_type=”single” sep_color=”” class=”” id=””][/title]