The Technical Centre for Disaster Risk Management, Sustainability and Urban Resilience (DiMSUR) is a sub-regional organization aiming at developing local, national and sub-regional capacities for reducing vulnerability and building the resilience of communities to natural and other hazards in the Southern African Region.
Founded by the Governments of Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique and the Union of Comoros, DiMSUR was legally established in December 2014. It’s Headquarter is in Maputo, Mozambique and has antennas in the other three member countries. It operates as a non-profit, autonomous, regional organization, international in status and non- political in management, staffing and operations.
DiMSUR delivers a wide range of services in disaster risk reduction (DRR), climate change adaptation (CCA) and urban resilience including:
- Training and capacity building activities
- Provision of qualified technical assistance
- Awareness raising and advocacy
- Compilation, preparation, sharing, dissemination of tools, best practices, plans and strategies
- Exchange of experiences and cross-fertilisation
- Identification of adequate adaptation/mitigation small-scale infrastructural models and solutions